Monday, February 19, 2024

Method to tha Madness

This post is SPECIFICALLY for the gang, but I don't mind if the streets take notice.

I've been seeing some WONDERFUL posts from #TheGang. DJ Jazzy Jeff is putting on a show, !llmind is dropping loop kits left and right, DOOM is dropping merch, etc. I just want to be clear that we are trying to WAKE UP THE STREETS. Not so much making bangers for hood niggas to rock to. Actually enlighten members of... really ANY street gang to their talent and potential, and encourage them to take their rage and turn it into something that will last forever. 

I DO see my gang going for it, but I also see, in the case of ALC, The Industry taking note and trying to cash in. I think we're clear on the point of coercion and "corporate seduction", but I must say... don't be afraid to say no. If the vibe is off, the record would/will be off, no matter how much you black with the instrumental. 

I want my gang to know they are VALUABLE. You are an asset to every project you work on, from Eminem to Hus the Kingpin. Stand on business. If you're not comfortable, say so. Real street niggas put PRESSURE on you, not make you uncomfortable.

Just some real talk for my gang.
To the streets, we workin' it out. 

To the 'burbs, we're making it make sense.




#onandon

No comments:

Post a Comment