Monday, May 1, 2023

Making noise (AI based)

There was no such thing as a "Columbine Gang". Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the perpetrators of the Columbine High School massacre, were not members of any organized gang. However, they were both known to wear black trench coats, and this led to the media and some members of the public referring to them as members of a "Trench Coat Mafia". This term was never used by Harris or Klebold themselves, and it is now widely considered to be a harmful and inaccurate stereotype. The Columbine High School massacre was a complex event with many contributing factors. It is important to remember that Harris and Klebold were individuals, and that their actions were not representative of any group or subculture.
^
^
^
I started Columbine Gang as a pact between myself, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, Bjork, and DJ Premier. I was going to only sample PJ, Tori and Bjork, and scratch on the joint like a Premier cut. This can be found on Abandoned Nature Walks (check my YouTube). Over time, I started feeling like the only way I can say what I need to say would be over 9th Wonder, Alchemist, DJ Green Lantern, MF DOOM beats, as well as DJ Jazzy Jeff's instrumental albums. Korn and Jim Carrey came to play when I started reflecting on my good (yet rare) memories of White America. 3000 came in when I started thinking about my time in Harlem/FDA.

I identify myself as a Goth. Of the darkness, in the light. There are many parallels between Gangstas and Goths, and whatever isn't readily available for comparison, I put there. Nevertheless, I put it there over 9th, Al, Green, DOOM, and Jeff beats. I'm building my confidence, day by day. It's hard when you're mostly alone doing what you do. There's no real voice of encouragement. 

In the meantime, check out this classic CH joint over a 9th beat (once again).






#onandon

No comments:

Post a Comment