Tuesday, March 28, 2023

From the grave

I take death very hard. And I mourn different. Differently, I should say. I never expected MF DOOM's passing. I listened to his music religiously while on Republic. Just trying to hold on to my underground edge. Out of respect, when he passed I took a break from listening. 

Tonight changed that. 

A few of his bars snagged my mind, so I listened to his radio station on Pandora (neutral spot). I feel like I met my best friend again. His character shows through every beat and bar. Killer sarcasm, awesome similies... DOOM WAS KING. He is missed and will be missed.

For the record, I hope his family is doing right by his legacy. Money is an object, not a goal. A reward, not an award.


As of now, DOOM is my second in command. 9th has his hands full with March Madness, and AL is reloading. Jeff and Green have their own calling. Dre3k is the treasurer, preserving our collective value. Korn is our attack against persecution. Jim Carrey is our ambassador.

Good night, my new bestie. See you in the funny pages.





#onandon

No comments:

Post a Comment