Wednesday, March 1, 2023

A serious note.


Before I started making beats, the members of Columbine Gang were all I was listening to post-Eminem. He hadn't dropped in a while, and I felt I was a stronger contender in hip-hop by not listening to him all the time. So I listened INTENTLY to Prodigy's "Keep It Thoro" instrumental (ALC), and was always pleasantly surprised when I saw a 9th beat on an instrumental mixtape. 

Then Green Lantern dropped his beats on a mixtape. VERY inspired. This was around college. I then somehow got my hands on "The Return of The Magnficent" instrumentals. The inspiration continued. I always used to listen to ONE Korn album. "Follow the Leader". I know that album back to front. As you can see, Jim Carrey's slapstick comedy was measured by my dry (yet slippery when wet) sense of humor.

I listened to "The Love Below" RELIGIOUSLY in high school after my man CKing put me on. I always thought 3000 was nice, but DAMN did he put it down with that album. And I personally feel that MF DOOM was too good for us. He had a whole mindstate with him that is simple, yet artistically complex. Follow your soul, but watch where it goes, basically.

Thank you for your inspiration. I plan to listen to some 9th in a little while. But again. Thank you for being there when no one knew the rhythm to my heart. I appreciate you.







#onandon

No comments:

Post a Comment