Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Role call.

If y'all see me as dickriding or whatever, I'll respond like this:

I didn't get accepted to LaGuardia.
I couldn't afford Five Towns.
I don't sightread to be able to get into Berklee, Oberlin or Julliard. 

I do not have many musical friends.

In the same conversation of/as Pete Rock and DJ Premier, you guys are the producers of instrumentals of which are proving grounds for MCs/lyricists/rappers in general.

In the same conversation as/of J Dilla and Ras G, I don't want time to pass you guys by without you getting proper acknowledgement.

The above, an attempt to feel like a voice of influence, with both obvious proof and opposition.

I'm not trying to get "hot" or "re-hot" off y'all.
In fact, the unspoken is why I am as feverish about us being a unit.

A collective.

A gang.

When suicidal thoughts come to mind, it isn't to have someone kill me.
Or to kill myself in another form.

If I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna take my own life.

Me believing I am y'all is not a sleazy pick-up line.
I believe in my ability/abilities.

And each of us, whether indeed me or not, have been GROSSLY used and misused.
In some cases, abused.

Outside of the social message of the damned (what I'm doing with this blog/movement), my own sound and production has been getting negative critical reviews.
Be it by people close to me, critics, fans, StarChasers, or those who follow trends.
In an attempt to restore the boom bap (bebop), I am referring to the modern drumkeepers.

And DJ Jazzy Jeff has been dropping HEAT on his SoundCloud for the last 2 or so years.

If my "Stan-dom" bothers you, I am sorry.
I have no like minds.

Just know I appreciate each of you for your influence on me as an artist, producer and an individual.



Anything other than the above, enjoy Hollywood.







#onandon

No comments:

Post a Comment