Saturday, May 29, 2021

Henny Vanilla [#ColumbinePoetry]


I would sit in a cement, reinforced steel cube
And your face would appear.
I submitted to you
Due to my chivalrous nature.
I had to do right.
I knew I would do wrong.

You are the depth my community would never allow me to reach.
You are the wrong thought of my community's influence.
I cannot justify their behavior.
But you make me want to.
I feel stolen with every upward reach down.

Yet you sit there
In the parking lot
With a drone of our hope.

We shant lie.
We want what we help others earn.
We want to be where we put others.
But once there, we are no longer our own.
The passion given to the appointed
Kept from the deservant.
They tell us we're wrong
To keep us trying.
Deserving not our glory.

How can I satisfy a void we don't know we have?
If we connect, how can we tell the difference?

I try to improve for your love.
You have challenged me beyond normalcy.
Normal thoughts.

we got this, babe.

do I have you?

-Jr.

#onandon

No comments:

Post a Comment